Saturday 31 January 2015

culinary joy: Kerala vegetable at Sylviander House


Even I had come to India and Kerala first time by land in 1977 and then traveled regularly since then to India and Kerala, I only got to know recently an old traditional vegetable of Kerala. 


The malayalam name for it is very difficult for me to pronounce and remember, but the translation is easy, means: Pluck me every day!


A neighbor brought us a handfull of his harvest in his garden and I was surprised seeing it the first time this small fruit around 6 cm long. I just fried it with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper – I love it! 


So I took some seeds and started planting it in my Sylviander House garden. 
We had to build a structure for that creeper plant, which needs every day water. 


The flowers are beautiful but only open short time before sunset, next morning they closed again, then you can watch the small fruits growing … 


Meanwhile many plants are growing and every day I can harvest some …

5 comments:

  1. Where could i get the seeds of this plant, I've been trying to get them but somehow no one knows its name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journey of Kerala is perfect for the family to spend their weekend in a different way. You can plan the same trip from Kolhapur during this weekend. The place is giving you an exciting time spend with the adventurous activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malayalam name is Nithya Vazhuthana, in English it’s called clove beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. best Kerala Travel Packages from Hyderabad, browse the websites of leading cheapest Kerala Tour Packages in India and choose the package that best suits your requirements.

    ReplyDelete